In this documentation we will be going through all the options and settings.
After reading this you know how to create a registration, login and lost password form in no time!
Available field names to use in your form are:
– Any other data can be saved with custom user meta
Under Form Settings on the builder page when creating a new form you will have an extra option called “Register & Login”.
Under the settings “Register & Login” we have a dropdown called “Actions”. The following actions are available (see picture below):
– Register a new user (this will register a new user, you can select what role this user should become)
– Login (user will be logged in, optionally restrict a specific user role)
– Reset password (when a user lost his/her password they can resend a new one with their email address)
For the Register action we have the following options available:
– User role (any available user role by WordPress or external plugins)
– Send activation link (options are: Send activation email / Auto activate and login)
– Login page URL (this can/will be used for emails when an activation link has been send)
– Activation Email Subject (the subject for the activation email)
– Activation Email Body (the actual message with the generated activation code)
– Custom meta data (any custom user_meta to be saved, field with this name must be available. example: WooCommerce customers)
Below you can find the tags that you can use inside your emails.
The last 3 are added by the Register & Login Add-on.
For the Login action we have the following options available:
– Allowed user role(s): (the user roles that are allowed to login via this form, multiple can be selected)
– Login page URL (user will be redirected to this page if they haven’t activated their account yet with the activation code parameter)
– Welcome back message (display a welcome message after the user has successfully been logged in)
The following 2 options only apply when you have selected to check on activated accounts only:
– Incorrect activation code message (the message to display if the activation code was incorrect)
– Account activated message (a message to notify the user that their account has been activated)
For the Reset password action we have the following options available:
– Login page URL (this can/will be used insed the Lost password email Body)
– Success message (a message to display after the password has been successfully reset and send by email)
– Not found message (a message to tell the user we couldn’t find a user with the given email address)
– Lost Password Email Subject (the subject of the lost password email)
– Lost Password Email Body (the message that contains the new password)
Creating the form
Now you know all available options, we can move on to create the actual forms.
To make things easier we have created 3 ready to go forms which you can import via the “Examples” tab.
Just select any of the forms you would like to create and hit the “Insert” button.
After that you should see something like this, which means your Registration form is ready to be placed on any page you like with the provided shortcode. Just grab the shortcode now and place it somewhere on your website.
If you have question or need help we are 24/7 available through Envato’s support page!